Well maybe not win a teddy bear (and I know that's a real polar bear above), but what I can tell you will win... having a better time figuring out who you should market to. That's worth more than a silly teddy bear and safer than having a polar bear in the office 🤣.
I’ve been playing with this great app called Sparktoro. It’s takes data from the major social media platforms and makes it easy to identify your idea client and or influencers you want to engage with. To be honest the uses for Sparktoro are endless.
Sparktoro lets you identify:
- Clients you want to target
- Topics related to those clients
- People influencers who could potentially be advocating your product
You can also use the tool to find out the types of content your ideal customer is looking for. This can inform the creation of your marketing campaigns, help with the targeting of ads and be used as a tool for competitive analysis.
So getting back to the main topic…
Having an idea of who you are marketing to is extremely helpful when it comes to marketing. Seems obvious, but I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone into a business to help them with their digital marketing and website and they have no idea whatsoever.
That’s not the best situation to be in. So I usually start with what makes up an ICP.
An ICP usually looks something like this:
- Behavioral patterns
By researching the answers to these questions you can begin to build a picture of who your ideal customer looks like. You're then able to create content specifically tailored to them, target marketing efforts to their demographic and engage with the right influencers.
Having a good understanding of who you want to market to is the key to creating effective campaigns. With the the right tools (cough cough Sparktoro etc.) quickly and accurately identify the right demographic, topics and influencers. This is invaluable to any business looking to get the most out of their marketing efforts.
Where are you with your ICP? Hit reply and let me know!
- Fake Review Attacks Increase on Google Business Profiles
Let the "whacking of the the moles" begin. This is going to be an ongoing problem with no end in sight.
- Elon Is Making An Alternative To OpenAI That Isn't "WOKE" (paywall!)
This should get interesting. Musk is really starting to become the Dr. No of the internet. Evil, Evil, Evil! IMHO
- TikTok sets new default time limits for minors
This is a great thing to happen, but these crafty kids will find away around it, I'm sure.
- Why paid social is a no good, horrible idea (paywall but worth it)
I tend to agree with Mike Elgan when it comes to things.
- The Chinese government, which banned TikTok, says Europe's ban on TikTok is bad for business. Why?
Another good take from Mike Elgan. Definitley worth a read.
- How, why and when generative AI will kill the search engine
In this piece, Mike (*yes another Mike Elgan take) thinks generative AI will kill the search engines.
- Podcasting will be one of YouTube's priorities in 2023, according to the new CEO of Youtube Neal Mohan
This is exciting, but to be honest, I'll believe it when I see it.
- Is a backlash brewing against startups that are fully remote?
I can see why fully remote companies can be bad for Gen Z. Not having in person interaction can be bad. But I also see the benefit of not being required to go into an office.
- Shelfies: Why and Where Local Businesses Should Publish Them
Well that's a new term for me. Thoughts?
- Do Meta, Snap’s new AI bets signal a social media shift?
Maybe? I think it's to early to tell.
- LinkedIn Adds New Visual Display Elements on User Profiles, Scheduling Tools for Newsletters
More features in LinkedIn is always good. But I still don't like how your subscriber list is captive.
- LinkedIn Adds New Tools for Job Seekers, Including Updated Job Alert Systems
This can be very handy for those who have been recently laidoff.
Find Of The Week
I was digging through some of my apps that I use regularly and found that I've been using Blinkist quite a bit. So I wanted to see if I could offer you a deal. Sure enough I found one! Check it out! 25% off isn't too shabby!
Powerful ideas in 15 minutes
Join now and start upleveling your small talk game.
Get access to over 5,000 book titles alongside 20 million other readers.
The Latest From The Entrepreneur's Enigma Podcast
As always stay curious!